Machete Video Editor Lite is a free version of our video editor Machete. Similar to Machete, the Lite edition is designed for quick and simple "slicing" of your video files: you can delete unnecessary fragments (e.g. cut out commercials), copy, move, mix and save individual pieces. Also, you can use the software to remove audio tracks from video files.
Unlike Machete, the Lite edition only supports the limited number of formats - in the current version, only AVI and WMV files. Also, the Lite edition does not support the editing of audio files, and you can't use it to add or replace an audio stream. All other features of the main edition are available in the Liteone as well: the ability to losslessly edit video files and the extraordinary ease of use which does not require any specific knowledge or previous experience in video editing. Because of Machete Video Editor Lite's simple and intuitive interface you can edit your files within a few minutes after downloading the program, even if you never edited a video file before.
Below is the list of functions available in Machete Video Editor Lite:
• Play AVI and WMV video files
• Edit WMV video files (*.wmv, *.asf)
• Edit AVI video files (*.avi)
* The following editing operations are available:
• Extract and save video stream as a separate file
• Edit file tags (metadata) for all supported media formats
• Save a video frame as a bitmap (*.bmp) file, and as PNG (*.png) и JPEG (*.jpg) in Windows Vista and later